Welcome to our Worship Service Online
Third Sunday of Advent
Sunday, December 13, 2020
“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.” – James 1:17
Sermonette: Word Of Power, Isaiah 55:10-11.
Speaker: Pastor Cynthia Thomas
Ways to Celebrate Christmas During the Pandemic:
1. Give to a local charity or organization.
2. Provide assistance to a family in need.
3. Share an old tradition with a family member or friend.
4. Start a new tradition with your family or friend.
5. Perform an act of kindness once a week, daily, or each month.
6. Dress to the nines. Even though you should not have guest for dinner, dress like you will.
7. Go for a nice drive, with your coffee, and check out the decorated homes.
8. Create crafty Christmas cards to send to others with messages of love and inspiration.
9. Learn about Christmas traditions in other countries/cultures. Explore online.
10. Celebrate Christmas Day with family and friends, via Zoom or another social media outlet.
Tithes & Offerings: At this time, we are asking that you give your tithes and offerings through Bill Pay only. Please do not mail or drop off your tithes and offering. Bill Pay can be set up through your bank (please call, go online, or visit your bank to establish this payment system). Thank you!
Reflection: The message of Christmas is that where there is hope, love, light and life, the plan and purpose of God will reach. What message do you get from Christmas? Some believe that it is a time of family, food, and sharing gifts. Others believe it is the time to reflect on your blessings and to be a blessing to someone else. Rick Warren states Christmas is a time to have “Peace with God, peace with others, and peace in your own heart.” Think about the message of Christmas that you share with your loved ones.
Isaiah 7:14 (KJV)
“Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.”
Isaiah 9:6 (KJV)
“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”
Luke 2:7 (KJV)
“And she gave birth to her firstborn son; and she wrapped Him in cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.”
Luke 2:8-9 (KJV)
“And there were shepherds out in the field, keeping watch by night. And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them.”
Stay prayerful and read the following daily:
The Langley Prayer Line is staffed by Langley ministers and prayer team members.
Monday and Friday Hours: 6:15-6:45 am; 12:15-12:45 pm; 8:15-8:45 pm
Wednesday Hours: 6:15-6:45 am, 11:15-12:00 noon
Call in with prayer requests, to connect, to pray together and for any other needs.
Let us shelter under the mighty wings of God.
Langley’s Prayer Line:
Access code: 471-150-100